Honey Bee Hive Tours
Experience something different….really different.
Learn about the intriguing world of honey bees in a way that few get to experience: through the hands-on exploration of an active, living beehive!
Your tour, led by Nathan Stewart, a professional Doreen based beekeeper, will include suiting up in protective gear, lighting a bee smoker, and spending two hours as real life Beekeeper.
Initially Nathan will give you some tips on what to look for inside a hive including how to spot the Queen and where to look to potentially witness the birth of a new worker bee. Then, together we’ll lift the lid of a busy hive, watch bees at work creating honey, pull out a frame of honey ready for extraction, and get up close with more than 100,000 bees!
After, we carefully close the lid, we’ll sample some of the honey direct from the hives while enjoying a refreshing honey tonic compliments of Karen, Managing Director of Rivers of Yarrambat (who is also a passionate beekeeper herself).
All tours will include a few digital photos we’ll take of you during your experience.
You will receive site locations, attire guidelines, liability waiver (needs to be signed and returned prior to the day) and other instructions immediately after you book your experience via email.
Looking for a unique experience for your family or friends? Contact us today to book a private hive tour for up to 10 people! We have hosted all types of groups including corporate events, bachelorette parties, and birthday parties for folks of all ages. Private events are available any day of the week.
- Guided tour of at least two beehives by a professional beekeeper
- Honey tasting, fresh from the hive
- Commemorative photo
- Honey Tonic
- Rental of a complete set of Protective Gear for the Tour
- Tours last approximately 2 hours
- Hive tours are run from October through March dependent on weather. Available tour times will vary depending on season to limit disturbance of hive activities.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver before entering any hives
- Ages 10 and up welcome.
$50 + GST per person