Beekeeping Incursions and Remote Immersion Experiences
A Unique and Engaging Beekeeping Incursion for School and Kindergarten Kids
Give your kids a meaningful experience they won’t forget. Watch your students step into the shoes of a real-life local Beekeeper who shares his genuine passion for these fascinating insects in an engaging, educational, and memorable presentation. Are you a Kindergarten or School looking for a unique and educational Incursion? Or maybe you’re after a COVID friendly remote experience that goes behind-the-scenes of an Australian Beekeeper? Perhaps you run a School Holiday Program and want the kids to experience something really different. Read on to learn more about our Remote Beekeeping Immersion Experiences and Beekeeping Incursions.
Remote Beekeeping Immersion Experience
A Unique and Covid-friendly Presentation about Beekeeping
Are you searching for a COVID safe remote experience that goes behind the scenes of an Australian Beekeeper? Then look no further.
If your students are studying Bees, Biodiversity or the importance of Pollination, we can deliver a meaningful and engaging experience they are sure to remember!
Nathan, our resident Beekeeper, has produced a 45 minute highly educational Online Session (streamed live via YouTube). He will captivate your student's attention as he walks them through a combination of educational content and a close up look inside a couple of busy beehives.
We will also provide a Session Recording for those that can't attend.
Topics and Curriculum covered
- The importance of bees and pollination in our ecosystem
- What a bee frame is and how it works
- How bees make and protect their honey
- The three different kinds of bees that live in a hive
- The role of the Queen Bee
- How to identify a Queen Bee
- The lifespan of bees
- Why bees sting us
- A look inside a Nucleus Hive
- A look inside a Langstroth Hive
- Plus: a live Q+A at the end of the session
Session Delivery Format
- Pre-show countdown (5 minutes)
- Live introduction with Nathan (5 minutes)
- Pre-recorded educational seminar (15 minutes)
- Pre-recorded Beehive Tour (15 minutes)
- Live Q+A with Nathan (5-10 minutes)
Our unique sessions can be tailored for all ages of primary and secondary school kids. Nathan designs his live presentation to be age appropriate for each audience.
We can cater for up to 1000 students attending online simultaneously, but it works better with groups of 40-50.
Simply give your teachers and students a YouTube video link (supplied by Nathan in advance). The Youtube Link is unlisted and dedicated exclusively to your school, but it will be publically available so even students working from home can easily access it.
Important: Please check with IT that your Internet Access Firewalls does not block access to YouTube as this will prevent access on the day.
Book your Remote Beekeeping Immersion Experience Now
Book now to secure your session, due to growing demand spaces are limited
Each 45 minute session is
$250 + GST
Beekeeping Incursions (Face-to-Face Onsite)
Over a 50 minute session, Nathan will immerse the kids in an interactive educational discussion about bees and the important role they play in our ecosystem.
Note: Please also allow 30 minutes prior for us to set up our displays and equipment.
Topics and Curriculum covered
- The importance of bees and their role in pollination
- Learn about the 3 different functional castes - queen, workers and drones
- What is pollen and nectar and how do bees use these within a hive?
- What foods would not exist without bees
- Honey tasting
- Touch and smell beeswax and learn how bees make it
- Wear a beekeepers uniform
- Age appropriate fact sheets
- Learn how bees communicate
- Optional Bee temporary tattoo
- Bee photo board (great for kindergarteners)
- A certificate of completion for each child to take home
Groups sizes of 18-25 kids per group work best. Please discuss your specific requirements with us.
Other important information
Nathan holds a valid and up-to-date Working with Children Check from the Department of Justice and Community Safety.
Book your Beekeeping Incursion now - Places are strictly limited
Book now to secure your place
Each 50 minute session is
$375 + GST
(Extra travel charges may apply for schools further than 30km from Doreen, Victoria.)
Laurimar Township Child Care and Kindergarten
“Thank you again, Nathan. We absolutely loved having you. The children learnt so much. The incursion is interactive and engaging. We loved it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
"My kids loved it, they’ve spoken more about this incursion than any other, and have talked so much about what they learnt. Thank you Nathan!"
Smartie Pants Early Learning & Development
"Thank-you to Nathan from Maya'Xala Honey who came to visit our Little Geniuses room last week for an Incursion all about Bees. We learnt about pollination, the roles of different bees, looked at a bee under a microscope and had a taste of honey straight from honeycomb! We even got some awesome temporary tattoos!! Thanks for a great session Nathan!"