A Unique and Engaging Beekeeping Incursion for School & Kindergarten Kids
Give your kids a meaningful experience they won’t forget. Watch your students step into the shoes of a real-life local Beekeeper who shares his genuine passion for these fascinating insects in an engaging, educational, and memorable presentation.
Over a 50 minute session, Nathan will immerse the kids in an interactive educational discussion. (Please also allow 30 minutes for us to set up our displays and equipment)
Our unique sessions can be customised for Kindergarten kids, Primary and Secondary Kids. Nathan will present an age-appropriate presentation that will fascinate every audience.
Topics and Curriculum Included:
With a focus on interactive learning and a hands-on approach to help students become more engaged and retain more material, we will deliver a combination of the following topics and content:
- Introduction to the importance of Bees and their role in Pollination
- Learn about three different functional castes – queen, workers, and drones
- What are Pollen and Nectar and how do bees use these within a hive?
- What foods would not exist without Bees?
- Look at a Bee under a Microscope
- Taste some honey direct from a frame of Honeycomb and compare the flavors of different raw unprocessed local honey.
- Touch and smell beeswax and raw honeycomb and learn how bees make it.
- Wear a Beekeepers uniform - a few kids can try on a full beekeepers suit.
- Age appropriate factsheets or activity to take home
- Learn how honey bees communicate through dances, vibrations, pheromones are chemical scents.
- Bee Temporary Tattoo (optional)
- Bee Photo Board (great for kindergarten kids)
- A Certificate of Completion for each Child will be provided for the kids to take home and share with their parents.
- 1 x 50 minute session = $190 + GST
- 2 x 50 minute sessions = $360 + GST
- 3 x 50 minute sessions = $510 + GST
- 4 x 50 minute sessions = $660 + GST
***Travel costs may apply for areas more than 30km from Doreen, Victoria.
“Thank you again, Nathan. We absolutely loved having you. The children learnt so much. The incursion is interactive and engaging. We loved it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
Laurimar Township Child Care and Kindergarten
Nathan has a valid and up-to-date Working with Children Check from the Department of Justice and Community Safety.